Collision repair industry leader Frank Terlep’s Test Drive CoPilot received the Collision Repair & Refinish Best Products Award from the annual SEMA Show New Products Showcase.
Terlep previously told Repairer Driven News that CoPilot is designed to validate that vehicles’ advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) are working and correctly calibrated, using verification procedures from OEM repair procedures found in owner’s manuals to users through the documentation of each test drive after calibration.
After receiving Tuesday’s Collision Repair and Refinish Best Product Award during the show’s Kickoff Breakfast, Terlep said, “Our goal is to ensure that all of these ADAS systems work as they should when a car is returned to the consumer.”
Terlep’s Auto Techcelerators company was acquired by OPUS IVS last week. “The trifecta of CoPilot offerings is growing rapidly and combining it with Opus IVS gives us the scale to better serve our customers. We couldn’t have asked for a better partnership to execute our vision,” Terlep said in a press release announcing the acquisition.
Opus said it will continue to offer Auto Techcelerator’s products in the market and plans to merge several of its products with the CoPilot suite “to provide the industry’s most comprehensive and integrated end-to-end ADAS, calibration and validation solution.” .
CoPilot was also one of two runners-up in the new ADAS product category and is one of 15 semi-finalists selected from 100 entries to compete for a $92,000 grand prize package on national television today’s SEMA show . Visitors to the SEMA Show can meet Terlep and the Auto Techcelerators team at booth #22970 in the SEMA Launchpad Corral in the Central Hall and Opus at booth #31095 in the South Upper Hall.
The ADAS category and New Electric Vehicle Product category brought this year’s total number of awards for new products to 18, including Exterior Accessories, Interior Accessories, Engineered New, Street Performance, Racing Performance, Off-Road/4WD, Street Rod/Custom Auto, and Tools Gear, Van/Pickup/Sport Utility, Packaging Design, Merchandising Display, Mobile Electronics, Powersports and Tires and more.
ALLDATA received the ADAS Award for its ADAS Quick Reference product, which, according to a description on the SEMA Show app, can be used to “quickly identify ADAS removal/replacement requirements that result in additional calibration work or sublease costs and displays basic calibration information, required tools and prerequisites for servicing ADAS components.”
Details of all products from the showcase are included on the SEMA Show mobile app, which attendees can use as a “year-round post-show support resource,” according to SEMA. The app includes a feature that allows users to scan products of interest and create custom lists.
The other new product award winners are:
- Electric Vehicle: Active Performance Sound, Borla Performance
- Newly developed: Pneumatic StraightGate50 Butterfly style external wastegate, Turbosmart
- Exterior Accessories: Angled Front Fender Flares for Bronco, TRAILFX
- Interior Features: The Legend Mirror DVR Power Switch System, Acumen Robot Intelligence
- Merchandising Display: Bed Mat Counter Display, Dee Zee
- Mobile Electronics: SRK-JK11H, AudioControl
- Off-Road/4WD: Jeep JL, JT & JK adjustable front bumper, RockJock 4×4 by John Currie
- Packaging design: Bubba off-road vehicle recovery equipment, Bubba off-road vehicle recovery equipment
- Performance racing: All new “OPR” turbocharger oil pressure regulator, Turbosmart
- Performance-Street: Anti-gravity batteries “RE-START” lithium starter battery, anti-gravity lithium batteries
- Powersports: MLX-9000 Series Motorcycle Gauges, Dakota Digital
- Street Rod/Custom Car: Custom Microsteer Integrated Column Program, Flaming River Industries Inc.
- Tires and relatives: VICTRA SPORT EV, Maxxis tires
- Tools and Equipment: The 92110-SGX Surface Grinder, Burr King Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Van/Pickup/Sport Utility: Monkey Bars (Ridge Ready), SeaSucker
- Wheel and Related Product: MMX Forged Wheel, MMX Wheels
Featured Image: The New Product Showcase at SEMA 2022. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)
Frank Terlep accepts the Collision Repair & Refinish New Product Award on November 1 during the 2022 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)
ALLDATA President Satwinder Mangat and Director of Sales and Business Development Tifani Lane accept the ADAS New Product Award on November 1 during the 2022 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)
Trade show attendees watch the New Products Showcase on November 1, 2022. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)