The cloud-based platform offers users more innovative features, including the “Video Library” tab and the “Vehicle Identification Number” tool.
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., November 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Car care guides just got better for auto DIYers, car enthusiasts, and vocational and college students. Gale, part of the Cengage Group, has migrated Chilton Library, the most trusted digital resource for automotive repair and maintenance information, on a new cloud-based platform along with a range of new features and enhancements to improve user experience and accessibility. With streamlined navigation in a more user-friendly environment, users can more easily access and find the information they need to safely service their vehicle and prepare for the winter months ahead.
“The new Chilton Library Platform demonstrates our commitment to providing the best possible user experience,” said Shawn Clark, senior vice president of Gale’s domestic learning business. “Car DIY enthusiasts, enthusiasts and professionals consider Chilton Library to be a top resource for car care. These improvements build on previous key features that have been around for a long time Chilton Library the gold standard for auto repair and maintenance information.”
Chilton Library is an essential database of trusted automotive information covering vehicle maintenance, service and repair. The database, which dates back to the 1940s, contains material covering all of the auto procedures one could perform at home. Unlike other options, the database includes instructional videos and animations, warranty labor dates, and remote access outside of libraries. Chilton Library collects its content primarily from original equipment manufacturer (OEM) data containing detailed bumper-to-bumper diagnostic and repair information.
New features and improvements include:
- New platform: The move to Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables the publishing of interactive digital content anytime, anywhere, over any network and on any device. The platform supports advanced search that provides faster and more accurate results. Robust and customizable usage reports provide valuable insights.
- New VIN tool (vehicle identification number).: The tool decodes the VIN and shows each vehicle’s Original Equipment equipment and any National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recalls. This is invaluable information for evaluating a potential vehicle purchase and for ensuring that specifications and procedures match a vehicle’s components.
- New Video Library tab: The video library houses more than 2,500 videos and animations on automotive fundamentals and follows the familiar Chilton organization by vehicle systems (e.g. brakes or heating and air conditioning). The most popular videos are displayed on the video homepage by default.
- Updated National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) quiz results page: After a user takes an ASE quiz, the tool displays the results in an easy-to-understand format with graphs showing the percentage of questions answered correctly, incorrectly, or not attempted.
- Adding content in real time: The platform is updated monthly with the latest information directly from the vehicle manufacturers. This includes all partial releases from manufacturers to ensure users have access to the most up-to-date content on the market.
- work estimation tool: This allows users to check the time it takes to complete a repair.
- Improved accessibility: The new platform includes many features that make it possible to make content more accessible and understandable for everyone, regardless of their hardware, software, language, location or skills.
- usage reports: For libraries, Chilton LibraryThe new platform enables deep insight into database usage. This includes information about specific pages visited, the most popular models, and the library branches with the highest usage.
More information about Chilton Libraryvisit his website.
About Cengage Group and Gale
Cengage Group, an education technology company serving millions of learners in 165 countries, improves the way students learn through high-quality, digital experiences. The company currently serves the K-12, college, professional, library, English language instruction and workforce training markets worldwide. Gale, part of the Cengage Group, provides libraries with original and curated content and the modern research tools and technologies critical to connecting libraries to learning and learners to libraries. For more than 65 years, Gale has partnered with libraries around the world to enable the discovery of knowledge and insights – where, when and how people need it. Gale employs 500 people worldwide with principal offices in Farmington Hills, Michigan. For more information, please visit www.gale.com.
Follow Gale on:
Kayla SiefkerGale, part of the Cengage group
SOURCE Gale, part of the Cengage Group