Allstate Vehicle Service Contract: Reviews and Costs (2022)
Allstate is known to most motorists as an auto insurance provider. What they may not know, however, is that the insurer also offers an Allstate vehicle service contract for drivers looking to save money on mechanical breakdowns.
In this article, we will discuss the Allstate vehicle service contract in detail, including its coverage options, cost, and claim process. We also provide our expert opinion on the quality of Allstate contracts and alternative options available to you.
In addition to Allstate’s vehicle service contracts, our review team has researched the best extended auto warranty providers on the market. Before purchasing an extended coverage plan, it is best to contact multiple providers and compare offers. You can receive free, personalized offers from our recommended providers above.
Allstate is an Illinois-based insurance provider that has been in business for nearly 90 years. While the company is known for its insurance policies, it also offers its customers an Allstate vehicle service contract called Extended Vehicle Care.
Overall, our appraisal team gives Allstate vehicle maintenance contracts a 3.5 out of 5.0. Here’s a breakdown of our thoughts on Allstate:
Allstate is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has a strong industry position. Vehicle service contracts are issued and administered by Pablo Creek Services, ERJ Insurance Group and SafeRide Motor Club.
Allstate vehicle service contract coverage
Three Allstate vehicle service contract levels—Powertrain, Core Systems, and Comfort & Tech—have customizable terms. Contracts are only available for cars that are less than four years old, have less than 50,000 miles on their odometer and are still covered by their original factory warranty.
Here is an overview of each Allstate extended warranty:
Allstate vehicle service contracts cover most of the bill for parts and labor for covered component repairs. Customers are only responsible for a $50 deductible.
It’s important to note that your Allstate contract only covers mechanical failures. It does not cover damage resulting from collision, misuse, improper maintenance or normal wear and tear.
If you are not satisfied with your Allstate warranty, you can cancel it at any time for a prorated refund. Regarding transferability, Allstate encourages policyholders to consult a specialist if they wish to sell their vehicle and transfer their coverage to the new owner.
Additional benefits of an Allstate vehicle maintenance contract
Every Allstate vehicle service contract offers the following benefits:
- Towing coverage up to $100 per incident
- Emergency Roadside Assistance up to $100 per incident
- Alternative Transportation and Rental Coverage up to $40 per day for a maximum of seven days while your vehicle is in the shop for a covered repair
- Trip Interruption Coverage up to $500 per event for a maximum of three days if your vehicle breaks down more than 100 miles from where you live
Other Allstate vehicle protection plans available
In addition to vehicle service contracts, Allstate also offers a few other auto protection plans, including:
- Tire and wheel protection
- Repair of windshields and dents
Some of these protection plans are only available in certain states, so check with a representative to see what options are available in your area.
Cost of an Allstate Vehicle Service Contract
The cost of your vehicle maintenance contract depends on a number of factors, including:
- Vehicle make, model and age: Older cars with high mileage, luxury cars and less reliable cars are often more expensive to cover.
- Contract term: As a rule, longer contracts cost more than shorter contracts.
- Degree of coverage: A comprehensive level of coverage is often more expensive than a basic option.
Your deductible will count toward your total monthly payment for Allstate vehicle service. However, Allstate only offers a $50 deductible, so you don’t have much flexibility.
How to get a quote and submit a claim
You may use the provider’s online quoting tool to obtain a quote for an Allstate vehicle service contract. You will need to enter your vehicle identification number (VIN), state and current mileage on your odometer.
To make a claim with Allstate, you can call a service representative who can direct you to a nearby repair center. Once you arrive at the authorized facility, you will need to present the first page of your Allstate vehicle maintenance contract and ask the facility to contact Allstate. All covered repairs are handled directly by Allstate. Allstate has bilingual representatives who can assist customers during the claims process.
Allstate vehicle service contract reviews
Customer reviews can give you a better idea of a provider, for better or for worse. Because Allstate is primarily an insurance provider, it’s a bit difficult to find reviews of Allstate vehicle maintenance contracts.
From what we’ve learned about Allstate warranties, some customers report poor customer service experiences and feel their vehicle protection plans aren’t worth the effort. Others have been loyal Allstate customers for years and have nothing wrong to say about the company.
While customer reviews can give you an idea of a provider, it’s best not to use them as the final word on a company. Customers who are inclined to rate a company are often the ones who have had mostly negative experiences.
Conclusion: Is an Allstate Vehicle Service Contract worth it?
Our evaluation team considers the Allstate vehicle service contract to be the average extended warranty option. For drivers who already have Allstate insurance and are happy with their services, there is no harm in contacting Allstate for a quote.
However, Allstate contracts are managed by third-party companies. Assuming you go the third-party route anyway. If so, you’re likely to find more coverage options, better benefits, and more extensive customer reviews from one of the most respected extended auto warranty companies in the industry.
Our picks for the best extended car warranties
When purchasing an extended warranty, it’s always a good idea to get multiple quotes. This allows you to compare Allstate vehicle maintenance contracts to other options and decide which ones work best for your protection needs and budget.
We encourage motorists to look at Endurance and CARCHEX, two leading providers that scored highest in our industry-wide review.
Stamina works well across the board. We rated it a 9.0 or higher in every rating category, including industry standing, coverage options, and affordability. Here are some reasons why we recommend getting a quote from Endurance:
- You have six coverage options that extend to 8 years or more than 200,000 miles.
- You have access to thousands of authorized repairers across the country.
- For more transparency, the provider offers sample contracts online.
For more information, see our Endurance Warranty Report. Use the tool below to get a free personalized quote from this provider.
CARCHEX is another provider of our choice, especially for drivers with high-mileage vehicles who need reliable coverage. Here are a few highlights from this provider:
- You have five coverage options that can extend up to 10 years or 250,000 miles.
- CARCHEX offers an extended warranty for cars over 100,000 miles.
- The provider has an A+ rating from the BBB.
- CARCHEX sample contracts are available online.
To find out more details about this provider, read our CARCHEX review. You can also click below for a free quote.
While there are several qualities that make a warranty company successful, our review team focuses on those that we believe are most important to consumers:
- Costs: It can be difficult to compare costs between providers because so many factors affect the pricing of vehicle service contracts. To determine our cost score, we conduct proprietary buyer analysis across a variety of vehicles and plans, and consider available deductibles.
- cover: Our team of experts examines the number of extended warranty plans available, as well as duration limitations, exclusions and additional benefits such as roadside assistance. Ratings also take into account the availability of maintenance coverage.
- Call: It is important for an extended car warranty company to be able to meet its claims. Companies with a strong BBB rating perform well in this category. Established providers with many years of reliability also receive positive marks.
- customer experience: We listen to sales pitches from real customers and sift through reviews on sites like BBB to learn more about customer experiences. In this area, guarantee companies score with a low number of complaints. We also consider the availability of mobile apps and chat functionality.